How to apply certificate of loss

To whom it may concern: Foreign visitors and entrepreneurs who have lost passport or stolen had better apply for a certificate of loss in the following process

 1. Report to local police to get a certificate of loss
 2. Report to district police office
 3. Report to Department of Immigration (two photos of 3 by 4 size) the process take 3 days to get a certificate of loss
 4. Then go to your own Embassy or Consular to get emergency passport
 5. Eventually, please bring your emergency passport and a certificate of loss which issued by the Department of Immigration to Consulate Department of Laos to get exit visa.